The DDA’s Goals and Objectives are short term, long term and often far reaching, planning for change five, ten even 20 years into the future. Every other year, at its Strategic Planning meeting held in January, the DDA’s Board of Directors and members from the four core committees – Biz Dev, Promotions, Organization and Design — reviews where it has been, what it has accomplished, what projects need work and what projects need to happen. The new goals are written into a brief one-page Strategic Planning document which is used as a guide throughout the following year. By February, the organization and its committees have revised and updated the plan for the coming year, and years ahead. By March, the DDA Board of Directors approves the Strategic Plan and Budget for the coming fiscal year and the documents become part of the mapping system to Downtown Ferndale’s future.
By adhering to the Strategic Plan determined by the stakeholders who do the work, great things have been and will continue to be accomplished in Downtown Ferndale.
- Branding & Communication – establish the value of the DDA in the community through regular communication with multiple touch points throughout the year.
- Business Resource – bring awareness of programs supporting both new and existing businesses that we facilitate with our partners.
- Value of the Downtown Experience – execute projects that enhance the user experience while visiting our downtown.
- Volunteer Base – grow our base of engaged volunteers with the right ‘system’ in place for recruitment and outreach (If you are interested in volunteering, click on the ‘volunteer’ link at the top of this page!)
- Plan Focused and Data Driven – effective use of systems to drive focus for planning and analysis and keep plans up to date.
Our Mission Statement:
Work together to drive, deliver, and advance the great downtown Ferndale experience.
Our Vision Statement:
A lively downtown with a mixture of uses that supports our community at all times of the day that is sustainable and forward-thinking.
Our Core Values are:
- Fun – maintain a positive attitude is our key to success
- Accountable – stay engaged and transparent in all undertakings
- Open-Minded – different ideas, thoughts, and people energize us
- Inclusive – we are welcoming and progressive
- Connectors – we believe in establishing and maintaining a relationship with our collaborative partners